Compare Green Flag breakdown deals
Green Flag roadside cover starts from £25 a year for vehicle membership. However, unlike AA or RAC’s fixed costs, Greenflag prices vary depending on your vehicle’s specific details. As well as roadside assistance, they also offer a range of extras that can be added to your policy, including national recovery, cover at home and onward travel cover. If you travel outside of the UK with your car, van or motorbike, Green Flag European cover is available as either an annual policy or on a single trip basis.
10% of customers achieve these prices
Vehicle or Personal Cover?
Personal Cover is available from Green Flag which provides cover for you if you are driving or a passenger in any eligible vehicle. It’s available to add from £20
They also offer Family Cover which provides cover for up to three additional members of your household when driving or travelling in any eligible vehicle.
Both Personal and Family Cover is only available for cars under 16 years old that are both privately registered and being used in the UK.
Vehicle Cover prices start from £25. Green Flag offer an option to add a second car, van or motorbike to your policy which could save you some money. The basic roadside package can be added to, you can increase your level of cover to include national recovery, cover at home, onward travel and cover in Europe. Unlike the other big breakdown companies, AA and RAC, Green Flag don’t have fixed prices for their products.
Green Flag Roadside Assistance covers you if you breakdown more than 1/4 mile from home. A Greenflag appointed patrol will either fix your vehicle at the road side, or if they can’t get you going again, they will tow you to a local garage, up to 10 miles away.
Green Flag Recovery will entitle you, should your vehicle not be fixed at the road side, to long distance recovery for you, your passengers and your vehicle to any single destination within the UK, this can be to your home, a garage local to where you live or, to anywhere else in the UK.
Green Flag Rescue Plus or Cover at Home, provides you extended coverage to include your home and surrounding area, which is excluded in the Roadside Assistance product. They will assist you at home when your car won’t start on those cold frosty morning or when you can’t get into your car.
Onward Travel entitles you to various options if you break down on a trip away from home and the patrolman or local repairer cannot fix your vehicle by the end of the working day. Your options are one of the following:
- A rental car for up to 48 hours (maximum value £100)
- The cost of getting you and your passengers, either to your destination or back home, using alternative transport (maximum value £100)
- Overnight accommodation for you and your passengers (maximum value up to £150 per person or £500 per incident) Green Flag will only pay overnight costs if you are more than 25 miles from your home and your destination. Should you need to leave your vehicle to be repaired and continue your journey or return home, you will be entitled to 1 single rail ticket to collect your vehicle when it has been fixed.
Green Flag Cover in Europe offer 2 levels of European Cover from £8.31 for 1 day cover.
- Single trip cover includes roadside assistance in Europe and repatriation, and you can also be covered for a short time prior to departure on your trip.
- Annual European Cover this can be added to the onward travel product, it gives you greater options should you breakdown abroad, including onward journey options which may be essential if you are on holiday when you break down.
This review is an independently written by Net Direct Ltd. Net Direct are not paid to write this review but receive commission for any sales they make from this review.