Compare Green Flag breakdown deals
Green Flag roadside cover starts from as little as £25 a year for vehicle membership. However, unlike AA or RAC’s fixed costs, Greenflag prices vary depending on your vehicle’s specific details. To find out if Green Flag can offer you the cheapest breakdown cover, visit the greenflag.co.uk website for a quote tailored to you and your vehicle. As well as roadside assistance, they also offer a range of extras that can be added to your policy, including national recovery, home start and onward journey cover. If you travel outside of the UK with your car, van or motorbike, green flag European cover is available as either an annual policy or on a single trip basis. Compare Greenflag breakdown membership below for the best deal for you and your vehicle.
Vehicle or Personal Cover?
Personal Breakdown Cover is now available from Green Flag and although they only offer it for 1 person per policy, they are running a special offer, when you take out personal membership, you get to add a second person to the policy from your household for free. Personal based policies cover you if you are driving or are a passenger in any eligible vehicle including cars, light vans, motorbikes and motorhomes.
Personal cover could be right for you if:
- You have 2 cars in your household and two people drive then. With the 2 for 1 deal on personal cover, both you and your partner would be insured to drive either car or in fact any other car.
- You yourself own and use more than 1 vehicle such as a car and a motorcycle or maybe a car and a van. A personal policy would allow you to use either vehicle whenever you wished.
Vehicle Cover is cheaper than personal cover, roadside prices start from only £25 as opposed to £38 for personal cover. Green Flag offer an option to add a second car, van or motorbike to your policy which could save you some money, however, they do not offer family membership. The basic roadside package can be added to, you can increase your level of cover to include nation recovery, at home, onward travel and cover in Europe. Unlike the other big breakdown companies, AA and RAC, Green Flag don’t have fixed prices for their products. There are a number of things that can have an effect on the price you pay.
- The age of your vehicle (Prices start to go up once your car is 5 years old, each year after that it goes up a little more).
- Mileage (High mileage can increase the price you pay).
- Age of the main driver (young drivers pay more)
When might Vehicle cover be your best or cheapest option.
- You own 1 car that other people in your household use.
- You own 2 cars but different people use one of them from time to time.
- You own and drive just 1 car so you don’t need extra cover that you will never use.
Green Flag Roadside Assistance covers you if you breakdown more than 1/4 mile from home. A Greenflag appointed patrol will either fix your vehicle at the road side, or if they can’t get you going again, they will tow you to a local garage, up to 10 miles away.
Green Flag Recovery will entitle you, should your vehicle not be fixed at the road side, to long distance recovery for you, your passengers and your vehicle to any single destination within the UK, this can be to your home, a garage local to where you live or, to anywhere else in the UK.
Green Flag Rescue Plus or Home start, gives you extended coverage to include your home and surrounding area, which is excluded in the Roadside product. They will assist you at home when your car won’t start on those cold frosty morning or when you can’t get into your car.
Onward Travel entitles you to various options if you break down on a trip away from home and the patrolman or local repairer cannot fix your vehicle by the end of the working day. Your options are one of the following: A rental car for up to 48 hours (maximum value £100), or the cost of getting you and your passengers, either to your destination or back home, using alternative transport (maximum value £100), or overnight accommodation for you and your passengers (maximum value up to £150 per person or £500 per incident) Green Flag will only pay overnight costs if you are more than 25 miles from your home and your destination. Should you need to leave your vehicle to be repaired and continue your journey or return home, you will be entitled to 1 single rail ticket to collect your vehicle when it has been fixed.
Green Flag Cover in Europe offer 2 levels of European Cover from just
for 1 day cover.
- Single trip cover can be anything from 1 day to 38 days, cover will include roadside assistance in Europe and repatriation, you will also be covered for a short time prior to departure on your trip.
- Annual European Cover this is an addition that can be added to the onward travel product, it gives you greater options should you breakdown abroad, including onward journey options which may be essential if you are on holiday when you break down.